BMA CEO at Small Business Leadership Summit in DC
LaJuanna Russell, President & CEO of Business Management Associates, Inc. (BMA), has been selected as one of 150 small business leaders from across the United States who will be representing America’s 5.7 million small businesses at a groundbreaking summit in Washington, D.C.
The Small Business Leadership Summit is presented by Small Business Majority, a leading national advocacy organization working on behalf of small businesses across all 50 states. Ms. Russell is a board member of Small Business Majority and has previously presented testimony on small business issues, including the impact of the 2013 government shutdown on small businesses.
The 2016 summit is being held from May 8 through May 11, 2016 and is focused on presenting key small business priorities to the Obama administration and policymakers on Capitol Hill, including a policy workshop session with administration leaders at the White House.
“Being chosen as one of the approximately 150 small business owners to attend this year’s Summit allows me a unique opportunity to discuss important issues facing my small business and other entrepreneurs today,” said LaJuanna Russell, President & CEO of BMA. “Voicing our needs and concerns directly to policymakers and other experts is a critical step in getting our nation’s leaders to listen to the small business community.”
With its theme, “Recognizing the Power of the Small Business Economy,” the Summit will feature panel discussions, keynote speeches, interactive workshops and presentations by industry experts and successful entrepreneurs. Key legislative and strategic priorities for the Summit participants include:
- Access to capital, including emerging technologies such as online lending and crowdfunding, along with issues surrounding predatory lending to ensure small businesses obtain the capital necessary to grow and strengthen their firms in a responsible and sustainable manner.
- Tax policy to spur small business/economic growth while leveling the playing field, promoting fairness and ensuring tax policies being considered truly help small businesses, not large corporations or special interests.
- Critical workforce issues impacting small businesses today such as healthcare, retirement savings, minimum wage and family medical leave.
- Small business’ critical role in big-picture economic matters such as infrastructure and economic development.
- Technology, cyber security and online privacy, and how small businesses can adopt and learn about new solutions to old challenges.
- Women’s entrepreneurship, including what factors hold women back and what we can do to help women smash the entrepreneurship glass ceiling.
“This Summit will allow small business owners to engage directly with policymakers in D.C. to discuss the importance of small business voices to our economy and how we identify policies to help them thrive,” said Rhett Buttle, President and Managing Director of Small Business Majority. “We’ll hear from a diverse group of entrepreneurs about the issues that impact their businesses, and work with policymakers to advance legislation that will bolster small business and remove their barriers to success.”
Sponsors of the 2016 Small Business Leadership Summit include leading corporate entities and entrepreneurial partners with a passion for small business, including Sam’s Club, Prudential, Pfizer, AARP, Community Investment Management, Phrma, Google, NAHB and The Credit Junction.
For more information about the 2016 Small Business Leadership Summit, please visit: www.sbmleadershipsummit.com. To learn more about Small Business Majority, the organization behind the summit, please visit: www.smallbusinessmajority.com.
About BMA: Business Management Associates, Inc. (BMA) is a comprehensive strategic provider of human capital management and strategic support solutions to federal agencies and state and local governments nationwide through integrating people and process to transform organizations. Learn more at www.bizmanagers.com.