Employee Spotlight: Sherry Dunn & Yolanda Hunter
Everyone knows BMA is a company of hard workers – but did you know that one of your coworkers is learning German, and another one loves Top Chef? Let’s take the time to get to know each other, and appreciate our unique quirks, stories, and personalities. We want to shine the spotlight on two of our finest:
Sherry has been with BMA since September of 2011 and is currently transitioning from the role of Director of Human Resources to Executive Consultant.
Her favorite things about BMA are the people and the Core Values. She says, “BMA is a family oriented business; the caring starts at the top with our President and CEO and affects our entire organization. BMA’s Core Values are enforced, and those values make this business a great place to work.” Outside of BMA, she is a dedicated Tai Chi student, artist, animal shelter advocate, avid Star Wars fan, and she’s learning German.
Fun Facts about Sherry:
- If Sherry could have any other job (outside the industry), she would be a veterinarian.
- She has three cats: Marnie, Remy, and Sally.
- In a previous job with Arthur Treacher’s Fish and Chips, she was instrumental in developing their chicken sandwich and fish chowder.
- Her favorite TV shows are Frasier and Monk.
- Her favorite drink is a Vodka Gimlet
Before BMA, she worked as an HR Business Partner and Corporate Recruiter for a non-profit. What she loves most about BMA (so far) is “the openness to ideas and the flexibility to explore opportunities in the best interest of the company.”
Fun Facts about Yolanda:
- Yolanda loves to travel! She loves exploring quaint old towns filled with boutiques, good food, and good wine.
- She’s a die-hard Redskins fan. Everyone knows where to find her on Sunday afternoons during football season.
- Her favorite movies are Now You See Me and Now You See Me 2.
- Her favorite TV show is Top Chef.